to consider whether online counselling would be a good option for you at this time. Online Counselling would be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy expressing yourself through writing or journalling
- Are comfortable with computers
- Can type relatively quickly
- Have a private space to work in
- Have the ability to “be with” uncomfortable or intense emotions
- Have the inner resources to nurture yourself, ground yourself, and have ways to find support if needed.
Additionally, online counselling would not be a good fit if you:
- Suffer from debilitating mental health issues and experience episodes of psychosis
- Easily feel overwhelmed and find yourself lost in confusion
- Have suicidal or homicidal ideation
- Are under 18 years of age (other online counsellors may work with you)
- Are in a current crisis or emergency situation
If you are suffering a debilitating depression or in a crisis you need to call a trusted family member of friend, immediately go to your nearest ER or call you local distress center.
If you are in an emergency situation, it is important for you to know that my online counselling service is not the choice for you – my responses are not immediate and could take up to 3 business days.
If you are ready and feel online counselling is a good choice for you, lets GET STARTED.